We're deeply saddened by the loss of our colleague, Romaine Kleinfeldt. For such a petite woman, she maintained a huge presence in the library, serving the MCL as both a circulation staff member and the president of our Friends of the Library group. With her love of reading, her quick wit, and her ever-present smile, she endeared herself to her coworkers and community. In honor of her status as a devoted Anglophile, we've compiled a memorial booklist that highlights titles she read (or in a few cases, watched) with voracious hunger and passion. Please immerse yourself in one of the titles below; she would have enjoyed nothing more than to inspire a love of reading in you.
From left to right, top to bottom...
1. Forever Amber by Kathleen Winsor.
2. Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel.
3. The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory.
4. The Six Wives of Henry VIII by Alison Weir.
5. A Man for All Seasons (DVD)
6. The Autobiography of Henry VIII: With Notes by His Fool Will Somers by Margaret George.
7. Elizabeth & Leicester: Power, Passion, Politics by Sarah Gristwood
8. The Plantagenets: The Warrior Kings and Queens who Made England by Dan Jones.
9. Elizabeth and Mary: Cousins, Rivals, Queens by Jane Dunn.
10. Anne of the Thousand Days/Mary, Queen of Scots (DVD)