Monday, March 16, 2009

March Madness: Baskets

So, the official, real, basketball-based March Madness brackets are out. As has been noted in other places, Arizona, Maryland, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Michigan really don't belong. I'm glad Wisconsin is in, don't get me wrong, but at 19-13 and without a "resume" win, they aren't a tournament team. You can't choke (only word that fits, I think) all the late game leads (seven, I think? Maybe eight) that this Badger team choked away and be a tourney team. Well, apparently you can... but you shouldn't be able to.

This is always the case, but it is a shame that a middling-to-bad Big Ten conference got seven bids, while teams like Creighton, St. Mary's, San Diego State and UAB were left out.

The other Wisconsin school, got a 6-seed, which seems about right. Before Dominique James' injury, they were probably a 3 or 4, but with his injury they just aren't the same team. I thought they had a shot at going pretty deep in the tourney, but without James, I'll be surprised if they make it to the Sweet 16.

But enough about basketball. How about some March Madness for books?!

No comments: