Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Technology Tip #9: Mint.com

Mint.com is a free website and cell phone app that allows you to keep track of your finances in one place. I have been using it for over 6 months now and find it awesome and with over 6 million users it will be around for awhile. It offers a ton of nifty features like bill reminders to your phone, investment tracking, notification of overdraft, helpful graphs, spending tracking, and more. I have starting using it to track my retirement investments and my little nest egg.


With any website that helps you track financial information be prepared to share your personal information. So if you are still a little new, or do not feel completely comfortable with how good your security and identify theft protection is I would not utilize this website yet. (But they do have exceptional security for a free service.) I highly suggest this if you are a parent trying to teach a young 20 something how to better deal with their finances, it links in the fun of technology with the education of better fiscal responsibility. For a better idea of what they provide check out their promotional video!

No comments: